How does that work practically?
The tours depart from Maun. You fly there with a direct flight from Johannesburg.
After landing it is too late to travel straight into the Delta. That is why you spend the first night at the Okavango Brothers base camp near Maun. There you get used to camp life in the bush.
The next morning you travel by boat into the Okavango Delta.
The evening before returning to your home country, you will spend the night in a hotel in Maun.
When is the best time to travel to the Okavango Delta?
The best season to visit the Okavango Delta is the local winter time, from June to mid-September, when there is plenty of water in the delta. During the day the temperatures are pleasant, the nights cool. Of course the other seasons are also interesting.
With how many will we enter the delta?
You can compose your own group.
Children are welcome from 12 years old.
As a single, couple or trio you choose whether you want to make the trip alone or whether you want to join a group.
A group consists of a maximum of 8 people.
What may that cost?
Price simulation for 6 days Delta safari: 5 nights in the Delta + 1 night base camp (total 7 days)
price per person (depending on the size of the group)
- group 5 to 8 people € 2200 pp
- group 4 people € 2450 pp
- 3 persons. € 2750 pp
- 2 persons. € 3200 pp
- 1 person. € 4550 pp
Price simulation for 10 days Delta safari: 9 nights in the Delta + 1 night basecamp (total 11 days)
price per person (depending on te size of the group)
- group 5 to 8 people € 2835 pp
- group 4 people € 3100 pp
- 3 persons. € 3570 pp
- 2 persons. € 3900 pp
- 1 persons. € 6800 pp
What is all included?
- All transfers to and from Maun airport, and transportation in and around Maun
- 1 night base camp in Tsusubega after arrival in Maun
- Transport by motorboat to, in and back from the Delta
- Camp site in the Delta (normally one camp for a 5 night stay, two to three camp sites for a longer stay) in de Delta
- All-in food and drinks (exept alcoholic drinks)
- Guidance from the Okavango Brothers
- Accompaniment of a professional naturalist guide
- Permits and passes for the Delta
- All camping equipment. From refrigerator to toilet construction, from folding chairs to kitchen tent. A canvas tent is provided per person or couple, with mattress and extra blanket.
Not included: the flight to Botswana (Maun), last night hotel after the return from the Delta, individual travel insurance.